2. Annie sometimes helps her mother do housework after school.
3. My license plate number is AF101.
4. My mother is a teacher.
5. I ride my bike to school every day.
6. I like flying kites on the weekend.
II. Halloween, which is also known as All Hallows' Eve, is the evening before All Saints' Day. People celebrate it on Oct 31.
The colors black and orange are part of Halloween. Black stands for nighttime and orange stands for pumpkins. Before Halloween comes, people pick out large orange pumpkins. They cut faces in the pumpkins and put a candle inside. These pumpkins look spooky. People call them jack-o’-lanterns.
The celebration begins after sunset. Children wear all kinds of masks and colorful costumes. They take empty bags from house to house. Every time they come to a new house, they knock on the door and shout “Trick or treat! ” Then the homeowner will put candy in their bags.
5. passed away
6. here and there
7. thought to herself
Day 1: CCD
Day 2: DCBD
Day 3: 1. Charlie and Charlie's friends.
2. 50 years
3. a. F b. T c. F d. F
4. How popular Snoopy is.
5. There will be any exhibitions about Snoopy.
Day 4: BCBD
Day 5: 1. place 2. drivers 3. surprised 4. problem 5. standing 6. read 7. story 8. another
II. 1. come up with 2. handle 3. increased by 4. According to
1. flour 2. mixed 3. bake 4. hunger 5. animals
6. protein 7. insects 8. Why 9. accept 10. cannot
Halloween is on Oct 31. Wearing Halloween costumes is very popular. Most Halloween costume ideas come from popular films and books. Some people dress as scary things, like vampires and ghosts. Young girls like to dress up as animals, angels or flowers.
Who is the most famous cartoon dog in the world? The answer might be Snoopy. He is 70 years old this year. His owner is Charlie Brown, a round-headed boy. People around the world love Snoopy. People in more than 100 countries know who he is. In 2009, he became the Top Dog in American Pop Culture.
5. until 6. wakes up
7. feels like 8. instead of 9. close
Day 1: BABD
Day 2: BACD
Day 3: 1. Arctic ice is melting and may disappear in just a few decades.
2. It's 18 degrees warmer than it was 125 years ago.
3. They are losing their habitat and food.
4. Because more rainfall has caused their food to freeze under the ice.
5. The area's environment will be disturbed.
Day 4: CDAD
Day 5: 1-5 CADAD 6-10 BBCAB
I. 1. solution 2. cure 3. knocked
II. 1. knocking at 2. based on 3. on purpose
1. Diet 2. fresh 3. Take 4. relax 5. seven to eight
6. dark circles 7. Blink 8. moist 9. rub
10. poor or bright 11. sunglasses 12. rest
I. 1. Jenny is angry with her little brother for breaking the vase.
2. Mary went back to the restaurant because she left her keys there.
3. Last year, my mom bought me a cat. He was 4 years old and one year younger than my dog.
4. Dad, it is cold outside. You should wear a coat before you start working in the garden.
II. Lucas found a job at a big company in a tall building. There were some coffee shops and restaurants on the ground floor.
On his first day of work, Lucas felt thirsty and called a coffee shop for a cup of coffee.
“Please bring me a cup of coffee!” he shouted into the phone.
“You’ve dialed the wrong number!” an angry voice replied. “Do you know who you are talking to?”
“No, I don’t,” Lucas replied.
“I’m the boss of the company,” the man shouted again.
Lucas was afraid. He didn’t want to lose his job. So he soon came up with an idea.
He asked, “Oh, I see. You are the boss. So do you know who you are talking to now?”
“No,” the boss answered.
“Well, that’s perfect!” Lucas said and quickly hung up the phone.
6. forgive, forgive
Day 1: DADC
Day 2: 1. During the Qing Dynasty.
2. A piece of porcelain.
3. They put porcelain in a place where it would easily get knocked over and broken.