I. 1. Stay in the house on a nice day like this? Come on, Tina, let's go to the gym to play soccer.
2. I'd like a cup of coffee. But my doctor said I can't drink coffee or tea. I have to drink water.
3. My mother is a doctor and my father is a teacher. But I want to be a lawyer in the future.
4. Last year we went to France and America and we plan to go to Japan this summer.
5. It was sunny this morning, but it is raining outside now.
II. A farmer had one black sheep and three white ones. The black sheep was friendly to everyone in the group. But the white sheep often laughed at him. They thought he was ugly. The farmer did not like him, either. He gave bad food to the black one.
One winter day, the four sheep went out to eat grass. They went far away from home. Suddenly it began to snow. After a while, there was white snow everywhere on the ground. They couldn’t find their way home.
When the farmer found that his sheep were not home, he went out to look for them. There was snow everywhere. Suddenly, he saw a black animal in the snow. It was his black sheep. The white sheep were there, too. The farmer said happily, “Thanks to the black sheep, I can find you!”
4. kept 5. became 6. change 7. pick
Day 1: CAD
Day 2: BBCD
Day 3: 1. Differences 2. end 3. clean 4. morning
5. body and mind 6. work or school 7. evening 8. relax
Day 4: BBAC
Day 5: 1. studies 2. famous 3. anything 4. buy
5. help 6. friendly 7. wrong 8. home
II. 1. advertisement 2. a; amount of 3. spread
III. 1. fooling 2. hit 3. get things done
4. has long been 5. I do love this place
1. the future
2. my mother
3. I want to show her what I am doing in the future
4. the past
5. my father
6. I want to meet Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and bring my father to meet Li Bai
7. the future
8. my best friend
9. I want to see what my best friend and I will be like
I. 1. Ken left his jacket in the gym. He has to get it back.
2. Jessica has two cats. She has a black and white one named Rosie and a brown one named Joseph.
3. The twins didn't go to the theater. They enjoyed some music instead.
4. Jim's parents are German. He was born in Italy, but he has made China his home.
5. We have no more vegetables in the fridge. I will go buy some.
II. Mrs Black is very talkative. She likes talking with people on the phone for hours.
She always gets a large telephone bill. This annoys her husband, Mr Black.
One day, they were eating at the table when the phone rang. Mrs Black ran to the phone and started chatting.
After about 30 minutes, she hung up and came back to the table.
Mr Black was glad that she didn't talk for so long this time. He happily asked: “Dear, why did you hang up so soon?”
“It was a wrong number,” she replied.
5. cross 6. in front of 7. the other
Day 1: DDBA
Day 2: BCDB
Day 3: TFFTFF
Day 4: DBA
Day 5: 1-5 DACCB 6-10 AACBC
I. 1. quality 2. forward 3. attend
II. 1. actually see him
2. is/becomes available
3. is/serves as a reminder
1. Sadness 2. expected 3. fell from 4. leaves 5. spring
6. flowers 7. To Autumn 8. mature 9. details 10. W. B. Yeats
I. 1. Could you please open the window? We need some fresh air.
2. My sister often talks to me in English online. This helps me improve my listening skills.
3. Boys need about 2,800 calories each day, 600 calories more than girls.
4. Mr Green is driving around and looking for a small hotel.
5. The bookstore is open from 9 am to 8 pm on weekdays and from 8:30 am to 10 pm on weekends.
II. Dear Amy,
I got the email you sent to me last Friday. I’m very happy to hear that you’re doing well.
It’s been about half a year since you went back to your hometown of Denver. I’m glad that you have found a new job and made many new friends. When you were in New York, you often felt lonely. You said you didn’t like the noise and you wanted to live a slower-paced life. I believe you have made this come true.
Thank you for your invitation to the art festival. I still remember the days when we went to movies and music festivals together. We had lots of fun at the time. I really look forward to seeing you again and enjoying the festival. I will call you before I set off.
5. Don't take things too seriously
6. worth considering
7. stick to
8. in the short run
Day 1: CDAB
Day 2: 1. How the “Batman Effect” works on children.
2. It will help you “remove” your stress, fight off bad feelings and feel more confident.
3. It means “to continue to affect”.
5. Because Mister Rogers was always kind, generous and thoughtful when interacting with others.
Day 3: CDAC
Day 4: BABCD
Day 5: 1. close 2. second 3. Although 4. choice 5. special
6. films 7. activities 8. Their 9. communicate 10. certainly