I. 1. behind 2. necessarily 3. independent
II. 1. turned 2. sense 3. cause
II. 1. empty 2. pace 3. touching
III. 1. add 2. past 3. besides
II. 1. seriously 2. shout 3. dry
III. 1. rise 2. side 3. size
II. 1. preparing 2. post 3. closing
III. 1. typical 2. environment 3. fit
II. 1. hang 2. scary 3. translate
III. 1. topic 2. talented 3. comfortable
Day 1: DACA
Day 2: ADBA
Day 3: CBCD
Day 4: 1. housework 2. dishes 3. 15 4. 13
5. restaurants 6. age 7. Parents 8. card
Day 5: 1. park 2. surprise 3. So 4. still 5. where
6. turned off 7. angrily 8. worried 9. move 10. drive
Day 1: BDD
Day 2: DACB
Day 3: 1. modesty 2. They think dogs are humble.
3. 小女；令嫒。 4. C
Day 4: CADB
Day 5: 1-5 BCDAA 6-8 CCA
Day 1: ACBD
Day 2: 1. A new way to solve a Rubik’s cube.
2. The fair was held online.
3. They needed to prepare written and visual materials.
4. He practiced it a few times with his science teacher.
5. give students a chance to learn something new
Day 3: CABB
Day 4: DAAC
Day 5: 1. early 2. wait 3. but 4. run 5. get
6. face 7. laugh 8. understand
Day 1: BDBA
Day 2: ABBD
Day 3: BADCB
Day 4: 1. 1.8 meters.
2. The droplets will fall to the ground.
4. When one person coughs or sneezes while running in front of the other, his or her droplets will hit the person running behind.
Day 1: DBC
Day 2: 1. Banksy is famous for painting street graffiti.
2. Girl With A Pearl Earring
3. His paintings are often about politics, war and other serious topics.
4. He is working from home.
Day 3: BACB
Day 4: DCBC
Day 5: 1-5 CABAD 6-8 CBC
I. 1-5 BABCA 6. C
II. 1. tea 2. bread 3. Forks 4. Share 5. own 6. Wait 7. cool
1-5 ABCBA 6-10 ACBCB 11-15 ABAAB 16. jokes 17. funny 18. hurt 19. France 20. April fools
I. 1. My mother came in with a smile on her face.
2. Horses are helpful animals.
3. Please call me at 364-9374.
4. I went to my uncle’s house by bus.
5. I come from Paris.
6. I like eating noodles best.
II. Dining manners are different between China and Western countries. In China, it is a custom to have some tea before a meal when people dine in a restaurant. While in some Western countries, when people are eating together, they usually have a small piece of bread and put a napkin on their lap first. Chinese people often use chopsticks to eat their meal and share their dishes together. But people in the West prefer to use forks and knives and have their own plate of food. When the soup is served at the end of meal, Western people blow on it to cool it. In China, it is better to wait a little while.
1. Q: You look like you're in pain. What's wrong?
2. Q: What’s the weather like today?
3. Q: What are you going to do tomorrow?
4. Q: What a mess! Michael, can you please clean your bedroom?
5. Q: Why don’t you take the blue one?
6. W: What do you usually do in your free time?
M: I like fishing with my dad.
7. W: You ordered a large pizza and four chicken wings. Any drinks?
M: No, thanks.
8. M: I had an argument with my best friend. What should I do?
W: I think you should call him and apologize.
9. W: I went to the hospital to see my aunt yesterday. How about you?
M: I stayed home and took care of my baby sister.
10. W: What were you doing when you felt the earthquake?
M: I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom.
W: Did you go to school today, Joe?
M: Yeah, I went to school today. Were you there?
W: No, I didn’t go. I’ve been sick.
M: Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon.
W: Yes, I’m already feeling much better this afternoon.
M: Do you want the homework from today’s class, Anne?
W: That would be nice, thank you.
M: No problem, you’re welcome.
W: I will be glad to do the same for you when you’re sick.
M: Thank you. I hope to see you soon at school.
W: What’s your favorite movie, Mike?
M: My favorite movie is Kung Fu Panda.
W: Oh, why is that?
M: It’s the funniest movie that I’ve ever seen.
W: That’s true. It is a very funny movie.
M: When did you see it, Susan?
W: I saw it the first day it came out in theaters.
M: Did you laugh through the whole movie? I did.
W: Yes, I did. It brought tears to my eyes.
M: Mine, too.
W: I have it on DVD at my house if you want to come over and watch it.
M: Sure, that sounds fun.
Do you like playing jokes on people? You can do so on April Fools’ Day in some Western countries. It falls on April 1 every year. However, there are some rules for April Fools’ jokes. Saying that someone is dead is not funny. The jokes should also be funny for both people. They should not hurt people’s feelings.
No one knows exactly how April Fools’ Day started. One of the stories goes like this: In the Middle Ages, some French people celebrated the New Year on April 1. Other French people celebrated it on Jan 1. They made fun of people who celebrated the former. They called them “April fools” and played tricks on them.
1. body 2. energy 3. 2/3; two-thirds 4. water 5. dry
6. between 7. rainfall 8. cake 9. future 10. zongzi
1. responsibility 2. lifelong 3. Brazil 4. 30 cm
5. 15 6. tongues 7. claws 8. air
1. D 2. steamed buns 3. delicious 4. clothes 5. bad
6. C 7. white socks 8. reason 9. B 10. gel pens
Quiz 1: BCEDA
Quiz 2: 1. tourist 2. time 3. 1939 4. black
5. 480,000 6. private 7. need 8. thick
1. On April 26.
2. By taking stress away.
3. He said “thank you” and gave her a hug.
4. First, she might think Ryan’s hug showed the wrong kind of love. Second, she might think it hurt her feeling of authority.
5. Ask permission for a hug first and see how the other person reacts.
Quiz 4: DBACA
1. make our life
3. lose our integrity
5. give up
6. turn off
7. live through the difficulties
8. up to you
9. bring, to
5. thought for a while
6. On the way home
7. making wishes
8. walked up to me
5. protect … from
6. give me a chance
7. one by one
8. in need
9. in return
5. tasty / delicious
6. warmer and warmer
8. simply because
5. give up
6. pointed at
8. listen to
一、1-5 ABBAC 6-10 BAACC 11-15 CBAAC
二、16-20 ABAAD 21-25 ACCCA 26-30 AABCD
三、31-35 CDCCA 36-40 BCAAB
四、41-45 ABCAC 46-50 DBACD 51-52 AD
五、53. “you are welcome”
54. speak English like a native
55. British people respond to “thank you” in different ways.
56. 可如果跟澳大利亚的朋友讲话，经常用到的回答是“no worries”/ “没事儿”。
六、58. liked 59. Because 60. good 61. writer 62. praise
63. bad 64. angry 65. free 66. showed 67. reading
七、One possible version:
We had a discussion about using WeChat among our classmates yesterday. Here are some of our opinions.
Some of my classmates think the app is very useful. It makes it more convenient for us to communicate with our families and friends. We can also use it to get to know more people and also show others what we're like.
However, some students think WeChat can affect our studies if we spend too much time on it. Some people might use it to run scams on others. Also, spending too much time on our phones is bad for our eyesight in general.
In my opinion, it is important to use WeChat properly. We should be careful about how much time we spend on it and make sure that we're protecting our privacy when we use it.
1. W: What’s your favorite season?
M: I like winter best because I can have snowball fights with my friends.
2. W: What do you usually do after school?
M: I have to help my mom do some chores.
3. W: Do you want to have something to drink or eat?
M: I want a piece of chocolate.
4. W: What do you want to do in the future? Do you want to be a doctor or a teacher?
M: I want to be a painter.
5. W: Hi, Mike. Long time no see. Are you going to the park?
M: No. I am going to watch a movie.
6. W: Yesterday was sunny, but it's really rainy today.
M: That's too bad. We can’t have our picnic.
7. W: Hello, this is Doctor Lissy. What can I do for you?
M: Hello Lissy, I am Daniel. I visited you yesterday about my teeth. I want to ask if I can eat any sweets today?
8. W: How should we get there?
M: I think taxi is the best choice. We have four people here. Taking a taxi will be cheaper than taking a bus.
9. W: What do you want to buy, sir?
M: The eggs and carrots are so cheap here, but I want some apples. They look great.
10. M: Alice, this magazine is popular and interesting. What do you think?
W: In my opinion, it is useful but a little boring.
I. W: Hi, Albert. Are you going to Lily’s birthday party?
M: Yes. I am buying some flowers for her now. How about you? What are you doing here?
W: I'm buying some fruit for the party. I know she likes fruit.
M: Sounds great. After the party, we are going to watch a movie. Are you going with us?
W: No, I am afraid I can’t. My friends invited me to play games tonight.
II. Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming to visit my house. I am an engineer from Germany. Over the past eight years, I collected old things from my parents, friends and neighbors. Then, I spent two years building this beautiful house. An old car from my high school teacher played an important role in building it. I used seats from the car to build parts of the wall and I also put some glass on this wall to keep the house warm. The most interesting thing is that I put the wheels of the car in the front door and back rooms. I can move the house anywhere I like.