Task 1: CDBA
Task 2: One possible version:
During this difficult time, a large number of outstanding figures have emerged. Among them is Dr Chen Wei. Dr Chen led a team to develop a vaccine for the coronavirus.
This is not the first time she has developed a vaccine. In 2018, she successfully developed a vaccine for the Ebola virus and saved thousands of lives. And now, as the coronavirus is spreading across the world, she is back in the limelight. She thinks infected areas are a battlefield. Her vaccine is still in the experimental stage.
Her bravery and spirit of exploration are worth learning from. When I grow up, I want to be just like her.
Task 1: CADB
Task 2: One possible version:
After the coronavirus outbreak became worse during Spring Festival, most schools were closed. These schools are set to reopen in May or June. However, personal protection is still very important. So what should we do to protect ourselves after we go back to school?
We need full preparation before we go back to school. First, hand sanitizer is necessary. Also, we need to wear masks and change them daily. After going back to school, we should keep our distance from our classmates, wash hands when necessary, and cover our noses and mouths when sneezing and coughing. We should try to interact with our classmates as little as possible.
Task 1: BCDC
Task 2: One possible version:
Our school organized an online social activity on April 24, which is China's Space Day. On that day, all of our teachers and students visited the online China Aviation Museum.
The activity included two parts. First, we looked at pictures that displayed the achievements that China has made in the past 70 years. Then we attended an online lecture given by a space expert.
We are proud of what the country has achieved so far. Many of us were inspired to become astronauts or researchers in the future. We hope we can pass this spirit on to the next generation.
Task 1: BBCD
Task 2: One possible version:
After more than two months’ online studying, I find that it is extremely important for the school to produce some excellent online courses to help more students learn better at home. Here are some suggestions on how to produce good ones.
First, I suggest that the school select some experienced and talkative teachers to present the lessons. This will make the online courses more welcome.
Second, teachers need to improve their online communication and interaction skills, which are quite different from common classrooms. Good interaction will make students get involved a lot. Finally, the school should provide a good internet channel, through which students will have a better view experience.
With these steps, I believe that online courses will be more enjoyable for students to study and review at home.
I. 1. predict 2. trend 3. force
II. 1. due to 2. Apart from / Except 3. suffer from / bear
III. 1-6 ACCDAD
I. 1. alive 2. period 3. bottom
II. 1. My wife has just passed away.
2. Have you been in contact with her?
3. She divided the pie into eight pieces.
III. 1-5 DACBA
I. 1. expressed 2. in good form 3. explain
II. 1. I failed my math test.
2. He was punished for his carelessness.
3. As long as you finish your homework, you can go out and play.
III. 1-5 ADBCA
I. 1. familiar 2. refer 3. floored
II. 1. located 2. destroyed 3. ups and downs
III. 1-5 CDABD
I. 1. 我不直接和他们联系。
3. I forgot to deliver the book to that little girl.
II. 1. depend on 2. translate 3. entertained
III. 1-5 DABAA
I. 1. practice 2. ensure 3. relief
II. 1. turns out 2. removed 3. push through
III. 1-5 DACBB
Quiz 1: DCBC
1. They produced their best works in isolation.
2. It is about nature, simplicity and beauty.
3. Because nothing will distract you.
4. Isolation forces us to pay attention to details, which leads to better creativity.
5. Being alone has some advantages.
Quiz 3: CCDB
Quiz 4: CABD
Quiz 5: 1-5 DBADB 6-10 DBACC
Quiz 1: BCDC
Quiz 2: BADC
1. He played the violin on his balcony.
2. Because he wanted to have closer contact with Chinese audiences.
3. it is well-known among Chinese people
4. They played along with him on other instruments and edited the video to make it an ensemble.
5. Music can bring people together.
Quiz 4: ACDB
Quiz 5: 1-5 BCADC 6-10 ADBCA
Quiz 1: BACA
Quiz 2: CBAD
1. Because people are thinking more about the relationship between humans and nature.
2. Climate change makes Earth warmer, which is causing more infectious disease outbreaks.
3. drive disease-carrying insects to other areas
4. Deforestation causes bats, which carry the Ebola virus, to have closer contact with humans.
5. The anthrax virus was released from frozen soil due to rising temperatures.
Quiz 4: CBDA
Quiz 5: 1-5 DACBA 6-10 DCBAC
Quiz 1: BDCA
Quiz 2: BDCD
Quiz 3: DABD
1. To introduce the poet to Western audiences.
2. (1) one-hour (2) English-language (3) Shakespeare (4) literature
3. (1) visiting places where Du lived before
(2) interviewing people about Du
4. his poetry reflects history and Chinese people value the recording of history
5. He poured out his concern for his country and people, as well as celebrated the simple joys of life.
Quiz 1: DBAC
1. He made a wooden heart painted red with the words “Thank You” on the front.
2. Cut out the wooden signs with a jigsaw, sand them and paint them.
3. Wollen had little time to work on the signs.
4. Because he wanted to give the medical workers there free coffee.
5. It is about a boy who made his own efforts to help others during the pandemic.
Quiz 3: CBDA
Quiz 4: BCCB
Quiz 5: 1-5 ADCDB 6-10 ACBDA 11-12 BC
Quiz 1: DBCC
Quiz 2: 1. practice social distancing
2. Because he didn’t want his ministers to whisper during morning court.
3. The hat wings were made of a metal plate and bamboo strips.
4. Because it was not convenient to wear them.
5. The wings might have been a decoration that could make people look dignified.
Quiz 3: DDBC
Quiz 4: BCDA
Quiz 5: 1-5 BDBCA 6-10 DCABD
I. 1. I have a bad cold. I kept coughing this afternoon.
2. How can I protect myself from being infected by COVID-19?
3. Would you like some coffee?
4. I’ve been waiting for my parcel for two weeks and it still hasn't arrived.
5. I’ll be back in 30 minutes.
II. Hello, boys and girls. I’m Miss Baker. I will introduce a great summer course to you. It’s for the students who are interested in computer games. But you won’t be playing computer games. You will learn how to design them.
You will get the opportunity to learn from two famous computer game designers. They are Sam Gates and Daniel Stone from the company Starry Games. You will learn how to use different computer programs and create computer games by yourself.
As for the length of the course, this year the course is from June 15 to July. Students who are taking the course will stay at a hotel that has computers, a dining hall, and a swimming pool. You only need to pay 260 dollars! But there are only 20 places available. So, if you want to join us, please hurry. You can reserve your spot at www.starrygames.com!
When you come for the course, please remember to bring your ID card and a photo of yourself. Welcome to our course. I hope to see you then!
I. 1. It’s so nice outside today! Let’s go for a picnic, Frank.
2. There are five people in Dale’s family. They live on the ninth floor.
3. 7:30 is a little early, could we put off the start time for school to 8 am, Mr Li?
4. Don’t forget to turn off the lights when they are not in use.
5. People enjoy eating zongzi during Dragon Boat Festival.
II. One day, I lost my watch. It was a birthday gift from my mom. I usually put it in my bag. I was so worried. My best friend Siri came to help. We looked for it everywhere. We were both tired and sad. It was 7 pm. We decided to go home. On the way home, the sun went down. It was really dark outside. “Turn on the flashlight on your watch so we can see where we’re going,” Siri asked me. I turned on my flashlight right away. “Watch!” we shouted to each other in surprise. As it turned out, the watch was on my wrist the whole time.
I. 1. Roy works in London. It takes him about half an hour to get to work by bus every day.
2. Mom likes watching Korean TV shows.
3. My dad bought his car five years ago, but it still looks new.
4. I lived abroad for several years, but I have never regretted my decision to move back to China.
5. Linda, it’s mom, I just finished shopping. Dad has finished his work and he is driving to the gym to pick you up.
II. Jack studied history at university. But at the end of his first year, he didn’t pass his final exam. His teacher asked him to leave the university. Jack’s father decided to see the teacher.
“He’s a good boy,” said Jack’s father. “If you let him pass this time, I’m sure he’ll improve a lot next year.” “No, no, that’s quite impossible,” the teacher said. “Last month I asked him when Napoleon died, and he didn’t know!” “Please, sir, give him another chance,” said Jack’s father. “You see, we’ve not bought a newspaper for the past few months, so none of us knew Napoleon was ill.”
Quiz 1: DACGB
Quiz 2: GADBF
Quiz 3: DBAFG
Quiz 1: DCCD
Quiz 2: DBDB
1. western 2. stretch
3. New Mexico 4. Mount Elbert
5. three miles high 6. weather
7. warm and dry 8. wet and cold
9. National 10. wild
1. three layers of clothing 2. snowboarding
3. snowball fights 4. 3/three
5. in the snow 6. highway
7. be annoying 8. snacks
9. Even if 10. cautious
1. was named as
2. has been working
3. is respected
4. actions; words
1. engaged in
2. prepared fully / made full preparations
3. make a big / great difference
5. come back to life
6. nothing more than
7. inspires others to
8. as well as
5. am tired of
6. turn ... away
7. it was no use
8. cheer him up
5. offer/give us an opportunity/chance
6. aim to
7. sets a good example
8. the importance of
5. made every effort
6. face many challenges
7. got in touch with
8. take field trips
5. It didn't take long
6. Even if
7. based on
8. What if
5. went from classroom to classroom
6. in great detail
7. a great deal of work
One possible version:
I’m glad that you are learning Chinese. It’s normal for you to feel stressed at first since it is so different from English. But you should take some time to relax.
Listening to music is a good way to relax. When you listen to music, especially your favorite songs, you will feel happy and forget about your worries.
If you are good at sports, go and play with your friends. When you focus on your physical moves, your mind will be relaxed. Or you can call your friends and talk to them about your problem. You will feel better after you stop keeping the pressure to yourself.
You can spare some time to watch a movie as well. This will help draw your attention away from your stress.
I hope you find these ways helpful.
1. What is Jack’s favorite food?
2. What time is it now?
3. How is Lucy going to Xi’an?
4. Do you like these sunglasses?
5. What does Jim want to be in the future?
6. When we arrived at the zoo, the tiger was sleeping.
7. The girl on the left is taller than the girl on the right.
8. Tom’s favorite subject is computer science.
9. Laura found a new job in a clothes store.
10. I bought a beautiful cup for my best friend Lily’s birthday.
M: Mom, did you see my gloves? I can’t find them.
W: Did you check your bag?
M: Yes, but they’re not there.
W: What about the sofa?
M: Oh, you are right. I found them. Thank you, mom.
Q11: Where are the boy’s gloves?
W: Do you have a pet?
M: Yes, I have a dog. He is four years old.
W: Do you often walk him?
M: No, I only walk him once a week on weekends. My father walks him every day.
W: Where do you usually take him?
M: I usually take him to Renmin Park. He likes there.
Q12: Where does the man usually take his dog?
Q13: How often does the man’s father walk the dog?
W: What do we have for dinner?
M: I want to make a salad and bake a pizza.
W: Good idea. But we don’t have enough vegetables.
M: Let’s go to the supermarket.
Q14: What will the speakers do first?
W: Tom, how do you feel today?
M: Better. But there is still some pain on my back.
W: Well, it takes some days for you to recover completely. Take these pills every day and avoid sitting for long hours.
M: Thank you.
Q15: What is the relationship between the two speakers?
Q16: What is wrong with the man?
Q17: What does the woman suggest?
M: Good morning. What can I do for you?
W: I need to go to Changning. When will the next train leave?
M: At 10: 46. I don’t think you can catch it. How about the earliest one in the afternoon?
W: When will it leave?
M: Six past two.
W: OK, one ticket please. How much is it?
M: 20 dollars.
Q18: How much is the ticket to Changning?
Q19: When does the train that the woman will take leave?
Q20: Where is the woman?
四、It was sunny and warm in the afternoon. Brad decided to go cycling in the countryside. He was enjoying the sunshine while the birds were singing joyfully. It was so enjoyable. When he was riding down a hill, he let his bike run at full speed. He likes the wind blowing past him. However, a dog ran out of a farmhouse all of a sudden, barking at the foot of the hill. Brad tried not to hit hit the dog, but he was riding too fast. When he was nearly there, he turned and stopped his bike and fell down on one side of the road.
Luckily, neither the dog nor Brad was injured. As he was picking himself up, a passer-by came up to help him. He brought Brad home and offered him a glass of milk.
After resting for some time, Brad went on with his ride back home . But this time, he rides very slowly.
五、The Qingming Festival is not only a seasonal point to guide farm work, but also the most important day of sacrifice. People in China go to cemeteries and make sacrifices to their ancestors or climb mountains with families.
This year, on that special day my family got up early in the morning. After breakfast, my father drove us to the cemetery. The cemetery was crowded with people who came to sweep tombs and offer sacrifices. I saw a lot of people taking small shovels (铲子), and carrying a bag of things, as a sign of respect to their ancestors. My parents also told me the traditional customs of Qingming Festival.
As a Chinese student, it is important to learn the traditional customs of our country. Learning more about our own culture is good for all of us.